The COVID-19 pandemic has exacerbated the many challenges faced by vulnerable communities across New York State (NYS) on a daily basis. To ensure the continued safety, wellbeing, and stability of at-risk individuals in underserved communities, La Liga –an affiliate of Acacia Network– redoubled efforts to provide emergency services and critical resources to those most in need.
Among other services, La Liga instituted a 24-Hour Bilingual Information and Service Hotline. Please read on to learn more about our work during the ongoing public health crisis.
As we continue to grapple with these times of unprecedented hardship, La Liga is committed to continue serving our communities so that we may overcome this crisis, together. If you or someone you know requires immediate assistance or is in need of services, please contact us 24/7 at (315)475-6153.
COVID-19 RESPONSE BY THE NUMBERS
- 5,000 face masks and 3,500 hand sanitizers distributed
- 14,100 Households Served through Milk & Food Efforts
- 300 Seniors Received Meals & Wellness Checks
- 450 bulk feminine hygiene products & toiletries distributed
- 375 toiletry packs for men distributed in the community
- 2,000 Individuals Received Lunches, First Aid & Essentials Packages
- 729 Latinx Households Reached through Census Outreach Efforts
- 4,131 Home Buyer Education & Financial Services Rendered
- 6 Affordable Housing Rental Units Renovated
- 4 phone hotlines activated, including 24-hour bilingual hotline