We help clients secure and maintain safe, affordable housing, and offer home buyer education services.
In addition to offering general information about housing and referrals, La Liga’s housing department provides housing court assistance, help in getting rental subsidies, housing publications, eviction prevention, negotiations between housing grievance complaints and landlords/tenants, as well as assistance for homeownership. We also offer rent assistance –on a limited basis– to people undergoing financial hardship.
Our services include:
- Assisting clients in order to help them secure safe and affordable housing
- Helping clients to gain access to utility services
- Providing case management services to eliminate barriers to renting or owning a residence
- Assisting with tenant/landlord mediation
- Offering information on household hazards and environmental benefits
- Providing landlord services
- Conducting educational workshops on topics such as: First-Time Home Buyer Classes; Financial Fitness; Financial Health, and more.